8 Step Guide for going Lean and Green
1. Know what Lean and Green really means. It is a process where you use more eco-friendly processes and products
that help reduce or eliminate the 7 wastes in Manufacturing processes plus the 8 wastes of Environmental.
2. Identify, assess and manage risks to employees, customers, suppliers, contractors, visitors
and the environment.
3. Conduct operations in compliance with all relevant
legislation & other requirements as a minimum condition.
and communicate regularly with employees about Lean Environmental Health & Safety (LEH&S) issues, improvements and
about individual responsibilities.
5. Develop improvement strategies
and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on a continual basis, with appropriate targets, which aim to eliminate unsafe conditions,
reduce non-value wastes and prevent environmental pollution.
and provide the necessary resources and investment in time to meet the targets.
7. Continually conduct a Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) review on performance and reassess the goals.
8. Develop procedures, work instructions, and training material to assist the workforce to
- A Safer place to work
- Lean Systems to reduce non-value steps
- Processes that eliminate
environmental pollution and energy wastes
If you are interested
in learning more about Leanovations and how we may assist your company, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org